skip to Main Content

Who’s Liable When You Slip and Fall?

slip and fallsHow Common Are Falls?

It is estimated that 2.8 million people are injured in a fall each year. Older Americans are more likely to be hurt by a fall. 80,000 people are hospitalized each year due to a fall. If you or a loved one have been injured, contact your local Fairfield personal injury attorney at Faloni Law Group to discuss your case.

Who are Responsible for Slip and Fall Injuries?

In many cases, a negligent party can be held responsible for the slip and fall injuries of another person. If a person’s fall is caused by negligence, then they should not have to pay for their own medical bills and lost wages. Commonly, property owners are held responsible for a person’s slip and fall injuries. For example, you are shopping at a store. The floor is wet, and you end up falling. The store can be held responsible. They are responsible for putting out a wet sign. They are also responsible for making sure that the floor is in good condition.

Private homeowners can also be held responsible for a slip and fall accident that occurs at their homes. For example, if someone falls as the result of rickety steps, then the homeowner can be held responsible. The homeowner can also be held responsible for a slip and fall injury that occurs near a pool.

Homeowners insurance can usually cover slip and fall accidents that occur on a person’s property. Many people are reluctant to file a lawsuit against their family member or friend. However, the results of a slip and fall accident can be catastrophic. It can also result in a person having to pay thousands of dollars in medical expenses. That is why filing a lawsuit is often necessary.

Contact Faloni & Associates

It is in your best interest to hire a Fairfield personal injury attorney if you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident. The last thing that you will have to worry about is how you are going to pay your medical bills. You will be able to focus on your recovery while we help you get compensation. Contact our office today to discuss your case and determine your next best step.

Back To Top