skip to Main Content

NJ Winter Weather Accident Injuries (and How to Be Compensated)

motor accident

Winter weather often creates hazardous road conditions. Unfortunately many drivers do not drive appropriately under the circumstances created by hazardous conditions. This may result in traffic accidents that cause personal injuries. If you or a loved one are injured in a winter weather accident, then Fairfield NJ personal injury lawyers can provide legal representation to help you potentially recover money damages. 

What types of winter weather accidents could result in a claim? 
When winter weather creates hazardous road conditions, drivers are expected to drive with greater caution. Some accidents that occur in winter weather that may give rise to a personal injury claim include: 

  • Driving too fast for conditions
  • Following too closely
  • Driving without proper winter equipment
  • Failing to remove snow/ice from a vehicle
  • Disobeying traffic signals
  • Reckless or inattentive driving

This behavior creates a significant risk for other drivers and may also violate the law. If you are injured in a winter weather accident, then you should seek out an attorney to learn what options are available. 

How much can you be compensated? 
If you are injured in a winter weather accident that was caused by another’s negligence, then you may be eligible to recover special and general damages. Special damages include those expenses that can easily be quantified, such as medical bills and lost wages. General damages include pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost wages, and other expenses that are not as simple to calculate. 

Fairfield NJ personal injury lawyers can help identify the special and general damages that you have experienced and give you an idea of what dollar amount would be fair to settle your claim. 

Contact Faloni & Associates 
The attorneys at Faloni & Associates have experience representing victims of winter weather accidents. Call us to schedule a consultation and learn what options may be available for your case.

Back To Top